The Third World Studies Center, College of Social Sciences and Philosophy, University of the Philippines Diliman is looking for a full-time Research Associate. Gross monthly compensation is PHP20,651. Initial contract is for six months, renewable up to three years.
Applicants must be:
- Preferably a graduate of any social science course from the University of the Philippines;
- Able to demonstrate a critical appreciation of scholarly works;
- Diligence in tracking down sources and organizing gathered data;
- Good writing skill in both English and Filipino;
- Able to work with minimal supervision; and
- Willing to do field work (research is on political economy of violence and resources)
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, including at least two (2) references and their contact information;
- A transcript of records (or a printout of grades from UP CRS/online student information platform);
- A five-hundred word essay answering the following question (in English or Filipino): Paano dapat paghatian ang lupa?
- A letter of application addressed to:
RICARDO T. JOSE, PhDApplications for the RA position must have the following email subject:
Third World Studies Center
College of Social Sciences and Philosophy
University of the Philippines Diliman
TWSC RA August 2016
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.